My oh my...
While watching Lana work so hard to stand today I remembered the day she was born and all the fears and pain that I had when I first heard that she would be delayed in her life with the diagnosis of Down syndrome. I watched her surf on her 2 little feet and concentrate so hard to do what other kids have come so naturally... and I was PROUD. Proud of my little girl for doing what she was doing at this very minute. Doing what was right in her timing. Doing what was right for her... right now. As she looked up at me and smiled so big and beautifully I had this warm fuzzy feeling of pride and joy overcome my whole being... knowing that WE are exactly as we are meant to be.... right here right now.
I love Lana just the way she is in every cell of her body. I love my baby girl... who will soon be 2.
My oh my, what a wonderful life we have together. The life that surprised me, but did not surprise the Lord, because he knew it all and planned it just as it is. Thank you my Lord. I love my life and your precious gift that you have trusted me with. I love my Lana!

2 comments:
Beautiful! Those milestones are sweet aren't they?
Dear Lana,
I am so proud of you! You are doing so good and I am so glad we're BFF!! I can't wait for you to come visit me in May! We're going to have so much fun! Also, I just sent you a treat for hosting Gigi for me. Tell your Mama to take a picture of her with you soon! LOL!
Love,
Darah
Post a Comment